V2X in 5G

What is the V2X in 5G?

My friend: Hi Soumya, I have a question for you.

Me: Please, go ahead.

My friend: What is V2X?

Me: V2X means vehicle to everything and as per 3GPP, it has 4 types in 5G which are Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V), Vehicle to Network (V2N), Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I) and Vehicle to Pedestrian (V2P).

My friend: Can you give me some examples?

Me: Of course, V2V means the transfer of data directly between vehicles, so vehicles can exchange information to avoid collision. V2I involves the transfer of data between vehicles and Road Side Units (RSU) and RSU are application servers positioned along the road with built-in Base Station functionality so they can communicate directly with passing vehicles. The RSU is aware of the timing used by nearby traffic signals and this timing is provided to vehicles approaching the signals so they are able to react appropriately. V2N involves the transfer of data between vehicles and the mobile network, e.g. providing Internet connectivity. V2P involves the transfer of data between vehicles and pedestrians for example for pedestrians to provide warnings to drivers.

My friend: Thanks a lot. You made it clear.

Me: You are most welcomed.

Please press the like and share buttons to clear it for everyone.
5G_V2X



No comments:

Post a Comment

Network Slicing in 5G

Today, we’ll discuss about the network slicing in 5G core. So, slicing is not a new concept in 5G, it was there in 4G as well but with limi...