How does the UE know the SCS of the SSB before cell search in 5G?

My friend: Hi Soumya, I have a question.

Me: Go ahead.

My friend: I was searching for the parameter that tells the UE the SCS of the SSB before cell search, so UE can use it in cell search but I didn’t find it, do you know it?

Me: Actually, you’ll never find it.

My Friend: Why do you say that?

Me: Because, simply there is no parameter to tell the UE what is the SCS of the SSB to use it in cell search.

My friend: But, how will the UE know the SCS before cell search and before reading the MIB?

Me: As per 3GPP, the SCS for SSB is already defined either in FR1 which is 15/30 KHz and for FR2 which is 120/240 KHz. Some bands are using only one choice like n1, n2 and n3 which is 15 KHz, while others like n5 is using both choices which will make cell search process takes longer time as UE will try both choices till it finds the right one but will allow operators to have greater flexibility. This is for SA while for NSA, simply it is sent to UE via eNB during EN-DC establishment. So, there is no parameter as SCS is already well-known for all UEs as it is standardized form the 3GPP.

My friend: Thanks a lot.

Me: You are welcome.

Please press the like and share buttons to clear it for everyone.
5G_SCS_Before_Cell_Search

No comments:

Post a Comment

Network Slicing in 5G

Today, we’ll discuss about the network slicing in 5G core. So, slicing is not a new concept in 5G, it was there in 4G as well but with limi...